Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 January 2010

I'm back for 2010

It seems it's commonplace for bloggers to take a few days off over the festive season, and I'm no exception.  Its good to be back, as I actually have missed the therapeutic nature of a daily rant.

For the first time in many years, Sharon and I actaully went to a New Year's Eve party at a drama group member's house.  Normally our NYEs have been rather sedate, this year it was sedate, I suppose, but it was shared with about 50 other people!

Talk about fireworks!  Our location was Caves Beach, and there were displays at the Mawson Hotel at 9pm, also we could see ones at the Newcastle foreshore albeit hazily in the distance.  At midnight we could see the Newcastle ones, and ones at Swansea RSL club.  We also had the Sydney fireworks on TV playing, and the interesting thing was that the Swansea display, although nowhere near as ex(t/p)ensive as the Sydney ones, went on a whole lot longer!  The credits were rolling on the TV show and the Swansea display was still going strong.

Some of the many coal carriers anchored off Newcastle which we could see from Caves Beach chipped in by letting off a few flares, plus there were a few "independent" probably illegal displays from a few homes in the area.

It's often the case that we're in bed even before midnight on NYEs, but this year we didn't hit the sack until after 3am!

I haven't made any NY resolutions this year - in fact I generally don't anyway.  I can only hope for better health.  Fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment