Search This Blog

Sunday 28 February 2010

All these years

I was just browsing around on wikipedia the other day and finally found out what a song means that I was completely oblivious to for a very long time.  We even used to play the song back in my high school band, and I certainly had no idea what the title really meant.

Anyway the song is "Turning Japanese" by the Vapours, which came out in 1980.  Lyrics include gems like "everyone avoids me like a psyched lone ranger" and "I want a doctor to take a picture so I can look at you from inside as well".  Who'd have ever thought it refers to what it is alleged to refer to!??  Wanna guess?  Maybe in certain regions this expression is common, but I sure hadn't heard of it until a few days ago.

If you can't guess what it means, and want to be put out of your misery, here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment