Search This Blog

Sunday 9 December 2012

Busking - Genesis

Well, one of the APAC Nurses suggested I go out to Terrigal and busk - it'd be good by the beach with all the people in street cafés and the like.

I went out Friday night, started at 7:30, and went home at about 12:20. I started in the middle of The Esplanade opp the surf club in front of a vacant shop. At 10, I moved up to the Crowne Plaza taxi rank, where there were more people.

Very encouraging indeed, so I went back Saturday, starting earlier at 6:30pm. This time I had a bit of a look first, and setup in front of the Commonwealth Bank, which was within earshot of a street café, and had people visiting the ATM. The early start wasn't necessary. (7pm is the best time to start, I'd say). This time I went through to 10pm and I was absolutely shot and losing the voice, so I packed up after 3-1/2 hours.

This has potential, so I'll get licensed and do this a lot more. I can't recall ever earning this sort of hourly rate with any other job I've done. It's hard work, but hell, it's fun. I'll have to try new locations and see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment