Search This Blog

Saturday 19 January 2013

Living the dream

Well, today has been a good day.  No, a great day.  I am now the proud owner of a Maton EM225C Dreadnought Guitar.  And the sound is so sweet.  I spent the rest of the afternoon taking photographs of the houses I lived in at Mayfield (Stedman St and Sunderland St) and Waratah (Tighe Street), and then I cruised Maitland Road into Hunter Street and up to the beach.
I parked at the Horseshoe Beach carpark, and used the 'loo at Nobbys Pavillion.  I couldn't resist.  I went back to the car, got the Maton, my chair and busking bag, and out I went sitting under the arches at the Nobbys Beach Pavillion and looking out to the lighthouse.  Just pause a minute to take in that view above.

I did half an hour of Beatles songs, and a massive storm blew up and everyone left, including me.  But the sound of that guitar, and the view... I was in heaven.  Oh, yeah, here's what the Maton looks like:

I can immediately see that that guitar and I are going to get on very well indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment