Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Crap Parkers

I seem to be forgetting this communication tool I have.  So here are some posts well worth the read.

Firstly, last week I saw the "Newcastle crap parkers" Facebook page.  Here is the Link.

I wanted to submit this photo


of a classic example in Mann Street.  So I submitted it and was told they wouldn't use it because it was not in Newcastle.  So within a few days I started the Facebook Page Central Coast Crap Parkers and Drivers. The link is actually type-able - use www.facebook.com/CCCPAD   Those initials stand for 'Central Coast Crap Parkers and Drivers'.

Strange thing was I noticed a picture at Wadalba on the Newcastle site, so grabbed it to use on my page
It was clearly mis-filed on the Newcastle site.  But of course this is where I am accused of stealing a photo from their site...  Wow, smacky my wristy.

This morning the events are best described by cut and pasting the sequence of private messages on facebook.  I hope this makes you smile a bit.  And scowl on my behalf.

I am amazed at the self-righteous, holier-than-thou awww, who cares...

ENJOY:



08:46
Newcastle crap parkers
Hi Peter, Please do not keep posting your page on my page. I have advertised it once and that is more than any other link I will post. I do not want to be associated with it for many reasons. Although I have allowed you to use my idea for your page, your rules and your stuff is yours. I just had to delete a rant you had identifying a person. Please only comment on parks as a personal comment and not in regards to your page. As you are not from Newcastle I think it would be nice if you concentrate spreading your page where you live

08:53
Newcastle crap parkers
Also my other admins just informed me they have had to delete multiple comments from you. I will not tolerate anyone stirring up or causing problems and will no longer tolerate links on my page. Please see this as your warning.
Today

14:16
Peter Deane
Good afternoon Newcastle crap parkers. I am immediately at a loss because I do not even know who you are, so while you can call me Peter, I do not know your name. Therefore for the purposes of this message sequence I will call you Adolf.

So, Adolf, firstly I would like you to step back and revise your decision. It represents an impediment to freedom of speech, denies me natural justice and is plain outright rude.

Vague accusations like "have had to delete a number of posts from you" and "a rant I had identifying a person" do absolutely nothing to show me (a) what those comments actually were and (b) the reason for their deletion.

If you delete a post, Adolf, then obviously it has infringed some unwritten policy you have. Surely your interests are then served by letting the poster know that the post has been deleted, the reason why it has been deleted, and guidance for future posts. This might actually work to educate the user, and then to at least reduce, or maybe even completely prevent future "infractions" of your unwritten policy.

So, Adolf, in future, rather than just deleting a post, how about you actually take the few minutes to cut and paste the post into a PM to the users, say "Here's what you've posted", we don't allow that sort of thing on the page because of blah blah, and then warn the user to comply with the page's posting policy.

However, in my case, the VERY FIRST TIME I'm aware of making comments on the page you disagree with has gotten to this stage now where you're on the verge of banning me from the page.

Well, Adolf, that's your fault more so than mine. This is the very first time I'm being told I've infringed your unwritten policy about posts. Where does that leave me? Pissed off, that's where. Rather than being educated about what I've done wrong, feeling contrite about it, and not doing that action in the future, I'm now of the opinion that you're an opponent of free speech. And THAT is really starting to make my blood boil, Adolf.

You should have just posted my shot of that car in Mann Street., It was YOU who said, you wouldn't post it. Had that not happened I wouldn't have had any desire to setup a page with content that doesn't overlap yours. Also, your posting of a photo of a car at Wadlaba exemplifies that your rule of only having cars from Newcastle is a joke. If you don't know where "wadalba" is then if you don't have the ability to go onto bing or google and actually find out, then you're not worth a pinch of salt as a page administrator.

When I go out busking and I see another busker in the street, I am actually stoked. It's not competition. When there are two buskers in the street, I always make more money than if I'm out on my own. It's because other people's awareness of the busking is heightened and therefore everyone else looks a little more closely.

An analagous situation applies to these pages. They have a similar purpose, don't infringe on geographic areas and won't be duplicating content. They really should co-operate. It'll be in everyone's interests. Perhaps my page will attract likes for your page because I'd definitely be pointing out your page frequently in passing. There would be a synergy involved.

Also it's a bit similar to heaving bricks over your next door neighbour's fence. Now this co-operation is transferred to conflict. I take this as a compliment, Adolf, because it confirms the fact that you are feeling threatened by my page which is a week old today, and has 31 users. As opposed to your several thousand users. The mouse that roared. Thanks.

Well, your feelings are justified. There's no way I want the Central Coast page to merely be a sequence of cars parking outside the lines in parking areas. I aim to actually educate users, subtly at first by sequences such as this http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.364208333689503.1073741843.361096484000688&type=1 which will clearly demonstrate WHY you shouldn't park like that.

I also want to add more than just the photos because you need a variety of content for the users, and what better way by doing that than to plant firestarters and allowing active comment. Through that method you aim to bring people together - a meeting of minds. If you keep posting a sequence of badly parked cars, and nothing else, then you're going to drive a wedge between the people who are supportive of these photos, and those who think we shouldn't be doing this sort of thing at all.

And, Adolf, what you're going to find is your users will get bored. Okay, new users will come on and be active throughout their novelty stages, but unless there's some reason for them to keep coming back, this interest will be temporary.

I'm really sorry you have taken this attitude. It exemplifies a thorough lack of understanding as to how a successful Facebook Page works. It shows a violation of the basic right to freedom of speech, and Adolf, it completely denies me natural justice.

I know full well I have completely wasted the last twenty minutes putting these points together, as I know your course of action now will probably be to go off in a huff and ban me from the page. Let me tell you this: if that is your attitude, Adolf, it will be to your detriment. I can contribute a lot. I have knowledge of the subject due to being professionally involved in it for eleven years, plus I am more than conversant with motor vehicle law and laws of publications. But if you piss me off, well, I'm not overly concerned as that's your loss, Adolf, not mine.

Again, I thank you for providing me with some excellent content for my page which will really stir things up. There's no such thing as bad publicity. I am quite surprised at your attitude. I can only take it you have limited experience promoting FB activity, and maybe in a few years' time you'll revise your attitude. But like most stubborn people, Adolf, it generally doesn't work by someone warning you about what will happen, but when those warnings actually come true.

And let me tell you this: when they do come true, I'll DEFINITELY be the first person saying "I told you so". and then I will go off feeling vindicated.

I await your reply with eagerness, but I reckon you reaction is going to be very predictable. Have a nice day.

14:47
Newcastle crap parkers
Enjoy my idea! I hope it brings your happiness

14:53
Peter Deane
Right, so NOT addressing any of the issues, eh? Guess, what, Adolf - that was how I predicted you'd react. Feel free to maintain your self-delusion. Feel free to keep stifling free speech, keep on denying people natural justice. NOT a good idea and definitely not a good look.

Ah well. So be it.

14:57
Peter Deane

YOUR idea?

Crap Parker
Community · 140 likes

CRAP PARK
Clothing · 4 likes

Crap åppå Park - en slags humorfestival
Community · 476 likes

Newcastle crap parkers
Community · 3,152 likes

Bradford's Crap Parking
Community · 92 likes

Crap Parking jobs do my head in Snap and shame these shit drivers
Community · 8 likes

playing "crap were did i park my car"
Games/Toys · 265 likes

You park like crap!
Community · 75 likes

And that's just on the first page of the search screen

14:58
Peter Deane
Must say, well done on the number of Likes, though

15:04
Newcastle crap parkers
You expected and I think really wanted this reply and here it is. Your banned from my page  It is unnecessary to stoop to name calling. This is my page and as you are viewing my page I don't have to give you any reasons or second chances. Today you spammed my wall with your page and made a rant about a lady named Karyn Downie directing people to have a look at her post. My rules which I don't have to post are no spam, no identifying information, no severe swearing, no bull shit. You had spammed my wall and identified a lady named Karyn. Now after I emailed you letting you know my upset I was told by my two other admins that they had also had to remove links and comments made by you that was posted to shit stir. Your a guest on my page and I allow you to look at it and view it, this is not your right - it is a privilege. I do not give people second chances nor do my admins we simply ban them without offering a reason and I have thousands of likes and over 5000+ views a day so don't have the need to worry about a few shit stirrers. I have let you use my idea and have seen your posts and comments on your page and due to the nature of the comments you make I can not and do not want to be associated with it. This is my choice. Now I am not sure what makes you think you have the right to call me hitler for giving you a warning but it is enough to push me over the edge. This is why I am banning you from my page  I am also writing a letter to my fans to make sure they are well aware that your page has nothing to do with my beliefs nor is it associated in any way other than you have copied my idea. Enjoy your page and next time, don't be such an ass hole seriously! I don't owe you anything nor does the rest of the world just remember that.

15:08
Newcastle crap parkers
You have 30 likes and are using my idea so you are no competition to me as in 'pages' so you can get off your high horse your not even in the same league as this page. When people send me a picture and say it is just outside of Newcastle I post it, if enough of my people complain I remove it. This is my idea and my page so I think as my numbers show and the 5 newspaper articles and 3 radio station interviews I am doing a great job of admin'ing my own page/idea pmsl

15:10
Newcastle crap parkers
I can't be mad at you though, you obviously believe you have a vast experience in FB marketing and although it's not working for you and spamming my page is your main marketing technique I'm really not worried by your comments. If you were a normal person, not an asshole then this could have been resolved a lot easier. Anyway you have wasted enough of my time.

15:11
Newcastle crap parkers
CCCP 31 likes and not growing Newcastle Crap Parkers 3154 simple maths mate

15:13
Peter Deane
"I have thousands of likes and over 5000+ views a day so don't have the need to worry about a few shit stirrers"

Ipso facto you argue against your own point.

THANK YOU so much for revealing your true colours, Adolf, and thank you for the publicity that I am going to get out of this.

Still not even prepared to tell me who you are... Gutless wonder.

Still not prepared to take issue with any of the half-dozen valid points I made in my argument.

Still falsely making vague accusations about ?SPAM? ????? You don't know what Spam is, Adolf.

And HIGH HORSE??? The horse would be in your own backyard had you not shut the gate AFTER it had bolted...

Bad move. Who was the guy who said "keep your friends close, your enemies closer"? Don Corleone in "The Godfather"??

And stop demonstrating your insecurity by saying your penis is longer than mine. It only reconfirms what I am thinking. IE that it is growing out of the top of your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment