Search This Blog

Friday 25 December 2009

Season's Greetings


Greetings everyone.  Here's my christmas message to you all, hopefully it might influence at least one person.  We are all on this planet together.  It really helps if you consider everyone else's feelings in everything you do.  Having gone out to the shopping mall these last couple of days, it is all dog-eat-dog (mind you, that's a strange expression as I've never ever seen a dog eat another dog).  There's fighting on the roads getting there, fighting over parking spots, fighting over products in stores.  Fortunately I live in Gosford, and it's just fighting.

In other countries this same attitude is taken further.  We have the example of a gun being drawn at a snowball fight in USA two days ago; and of course in Afghanistan they use car bombs instead, so the fighting has more dire consequences.

If we can only get rid of the upmanship that goes on in the world, it's going to be so much better.  It appears to be a deep seated human trait, however, so I'm not really sure how far we're going to get.  It seems to me that two thousand years ago a bloke whose names are both swear-words today had the same sort of idea.  I wouldn't call myself a Christian by any means, but I tend to agree with a lot of what he was saying.

So may I just leave you today with the cliched expression:  Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all Men (and Women).  Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment