Search This Blog

Thursday 3 December 2009

Wascally Wabbit

A couple of days ago, my wife Sharon (who goes for an early morning walk with more regularity than my blog posts) came back asking me "are you awake?"

It turns out she'd found a stray RABBIT hopping around outside the house.  My wife has been a small mammal enthusiast since her high school days, having a succession of rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice and other similar things.  She's often alluded to getting a ferret, but hasn't made good on her threats.

Anyway, since the rats have died (this time last year) we've had a large empty cage in the living room.  That cage now has an occupant (although only on a temporary basis as it's quite inappropriate for a mammal the size of a rabbit given that it was custom made for rats).

The thing is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!  It is very tame, and we have made some efforts to contact the original owner, however this hasn't worked so far.  At this stage its probably not what we want, anyway :-)  The rabbit will sit in your lap and just take pats en masse.  It is very docile, and loves being loved.

So naturally we are trying to come up with a name for it.  For a start we don't know whether it's a boy or a girl.  I have tried to determine it (rats are VERY easy to tell) but to no avail yet (I suppose that's what the internet is for).

I suggested the name, "Tony Rabbit" after our newly appointed Federal Liberal Leader.  Then if we get the sex wrong the name won't have to be changed.  However my wife cannot abide calling a pet after a politician, and I tend to agree after a few moments' thought.  So good readers, are there any suggestions from you??

No comments:

Post a Comment