Search This Blog

Saturday 7 November 2009

Diversity


Sharon & I went to a dinner tonight at a local club which was also the annual general meeting for her credit union.  There were certain formalities required like adopting the annual report, and confirming the board members recruited.  There were, incidentally, four vacancies on the board, and three nominees, so a vote was not necessary, merely the meeting's acceptance of them.  It is normally also necessary to approve the remuneration for directors at such a meeting, however in this case, no remuneration was proposed, therefore no vote was necessary.

We had a three course dinner, with meals served alternately.  I always like going to a function like this with Sharon, as often something I detest, she loves, and definitely vice versa.  I have my steaks well done.  Frequently at this sort of a do, your steak is still actually alive on the plate, albeit bleeding heavily.

While I am definitely a well-done man, she is a rare woman.  Often it's necessary to swap to achieve the correct outcome.  Well tonight, I got the steak!  It was beautifully cooked (in my opinion anyway) to just the correct degree of done-ness.  I doubt Sharon would have been able to stomach it at all, and she had the chicken instead.

Isn't it wonderful that there is such a diversification of opinion on such things as basic as how your steak is cooked.  It must be a real problem for the caterers not knowing exactly WHAT to do with their steaks (I distinctly remember a few steaks that have been put in front of me that I have been incredibly grateful that Sharon has taken away and replaced with the chicken or fish).  But human nature is such that I have a different opinion than you, and you have a different opinion to that guy over there, and he has a different ...

If variety is the spice of life; life must be spiced with variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment